Monday, July 4, 2016

Outfit Guide: Croatia 2016

This is a simple and easy outfit guide. I chose to put together a few looks that would work well during my time in Croatia. T-3 days until take-off!


Outfit #1: Our first stop on the trip is Zagreb. We will be there for two days. On the first day I picked out a dress that could be layered with a jean jacket. Jean jackets are a staple clothing item because they go with everything and can be worn in the spring, summer, and fall. I added a cross body bag with the outfit because while traveling you need to make sure to carry your essentials with you. Make sure the bag zips to prevent pick pocketing. Lastly, I paired sandals with the outfit. These white Guess sandals are super comfortable and I can walk around all day in them. Cute but comfy is the rule so that your feet don't deter you from seeing all of the sights. This outfit could make a transition from day to night if you changed up your makeup.


Outfit #2: For our second day in Zagreb I decided to pair a black t-shirt and jean shorts with either the same Guess sandals or a pair of cute sneakers. The cross body bag will be used again.


Outfit #3: During one of the days of the trip my friends and I will be going to Plitvice National Park. This day will probably be our most "American dress day" because we need to be able to walk around the park. However, in order to be a bit more European I decided to wear more neutral and solid colors, pairing a white top and black shorts. However, I am wearing nicer striped sneakers. I would definitely not recommend wearing athletic sneakers in Europe unless you are physically working out. Unfortunately, touring the National Park does not count. I will also be wearing a baseball hat, sunglasses, and my backpack. Locals will dress up a bit more than this. However, I believe that to be ridiculous because we are at a National Park and will be walking a ton. This is our "American day."


Outfit #4: Next stop will be Dubrovnik. I've paired an off-the-shoulder top with orange shorts and sandals. I will be wearing my cross body bag again. Zagreb and Dubrovnik outfits would be appropriate for the trip to Skradin as well.


Outfit #5: Another possible outfit would be a white ruffle sleeved t-shirt with pattern green shorts and sandals. Again with the cross body bag.


Outfit #6: Something I wanted to highlight was the importance of being able to mix and match just about every piece of clothing in your suitcase. Not only can I wear tops with different shorts and shoes I should also be able to take an outfit from day to night. By switching shorts for skirts I can take the off-the-shoulder shirt into a night time look and keep the sandals or add wedges.


Outfit #7: In a similar light with the mixing and matching, this simple t-shirt can be paired with a black skirt and paired with sneakers during the day, sandals for the day/night, and heels for the night. Shoes can also have an impact in making your look different.


Hopefully this blurb of a guide showed some decent outfit ideas for Croatia. I'm only bringing those three shoes above and a pair of flip flops. You really should not bring more 4. If skipping on wedges 3 should be enough. I didn't show my bathing suits but really any kind will work, just be sure to bring a cover up. I'm also bringing a small amount of makeup. During vacations I like getting more dressed up so I'll be wearing more product on my eyes and lips, it's also a great way to change up an outfit as well. When lounging around the house, the Plitvice Park look is completely appropriate.

_________________________________________________________________________________
IB EXAMS ARE RELEASED IN TWO DAYS.
I LEAVE FOR CROATIA IN THREE. 
HOLY MOLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment