Sunday, November 13, 2016

Life Lately

Aloha!


College has gotten so much better than it was the first few days that I blogged about it. I have friends that I regularly hang out with, fraternity parties and bars are a lot more fun and I've been having a blast. I think this blog will become more like an open journal that I write in once in a while.

Sailing- I've sailed in Chicago which was a huge checkmark on my bucket list and I loved every second of it! My godmothers came and visited me on the water too which was just the coolest thing ever. Sailing on the skyline was surreal and the water was the bluest thing I've ever seen (except for maybe Croatia's!) My friend Mary left Lake Michigan a present. She dropped her shoe in Lake Michigan and was sad because she'd never "sea" it again!

Chicago was also around the time I started my bout of being incredibly sick in college. I had an ear infection that I sailed through and my team was incredible for running me around to doctors to get medicine.

On the plus side we went to Millennium Park, got to stay in the Chicago Yacht Club which is a huge boat on Lake Michigan, and got to eat Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza!
(The ongoing debate: Lou Malnati's or Giordano's for Deep Dish??)


We also sailed at OSU which was such a fun trip and I became friends with so many people on my team! Not much happened at this regatta...

We went to OSU's off campus house called "The Yacht Club"

We also had a home regatta this season which was another great team building event.

Health- I got extremely sick to the point where I got delirious. A member from my sailing team picked me up within 5 minutes and drove me to a hospital. A man asked me if I wanted a wheelchair and I said no, then the receptionist tried to get me into one and I refused again. I stayed there for two hours until I told the nurse I had class and should probably leave.. She looked at me and then just released me from the hospital. 

I then ended up back in the hospital a week later for blood work and chest x-rays (pretty sure I flashed the radiologist because he pulled my smock over the sides more. It had an open back that wasn't attached and was falling on me- woops!)

I walked around campus with a blanket for a day and I could tell students were envious of me!

I ended up getting diagnosed with bronchitis. I was so weak that I couldn't walk up the stairs and felt like I was going to pass out every five seconds. Needless to say I still showed up to every class. My english teacher actually asked me to leave because of how bad I looked but I plowed through it and even went to geology afterwards. What I learned from this experience was to take my health more seriously and not wait so long to get checked out. I was being so stubborn about everything.


Luckily I went home for fall break and was able to recover for the last little bit of my 3 week sickness at home.

Halloween: I went as NyQuil one night while my friend went as DayQuil. I take pride in our original costumes!

"Vicks NyQuil - Powerful Relief"

"WARNING: Do NOT Consume with Alcohol"

Night 2: Captain America- I wore the shield as a backpack.

Photos:
:)

We're the only two freshman girls on the sailing team which is so incredibly fun!

Mom sent a care package! Can't wait to see my family in Chicago over Thanksgiving!
also:
GO CUBS GO!

_________________________________________________________________________________
I'm anxious about rushing for a sorority. I don't think I'm a sorority girl at all. But I'm still rushing so we'll see how it goes. Don't want to make assumptions before I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment