Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Rafting

On Tuesday I rafted in the Colorado River. This is what it looked like:

We were on rafts that had motors on them in order to control the tough rapids we were in.


And the water looked very gross.

Our guide- He was 19 years old. What the heck?!? How was he able to control the raft in those tough rapids?


We hit a big wave... I was sitting second to the front (Anton was at the top) and we just kept getting drenched. It was fun until I started to turn blue from freezing.

We took a break from Rafting at a cool spot in the Grand Canyon. We hiked the rocks to get a good view.



Trying to climb a ladder that was vertical up a rock.

But it was all worth it to see this!


 
(See how purple I am??)
I TOOK A SELFIE WITH A HELICOPTER


AND THEN I GOT TO RIDE ONE!
After our rafting ride we went on a helicopter ride back to the base which was the coolest thing ever! It was great to be able to be in the Colorado river, and then see it from above.

My mom and I freaking out that we're in a freaking helicopter!

That guy crossing his arms behind me is my new buddy.
 
This was one of the best days I ever had while at the Grand Canyon. The amount of times my family and I screamed and laughed while on the raft was uncountable. It was so much fun! We went for a day trip which is incredibly difficult to find in the area as most of the programs do multiple day rafting trips. The helicopter ride was the icing on the cake. The entire day was a blast and I'd recommend absolutely everyone to do that day trip.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
It's always difficult to fail something. No matter what it is. The lesson I learned today was that failure shouldn't stop you from continuing to try again until you get what you worked for. I guess now I'm just nervous I'll fail again, but practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment