Saturday, August 1, 2015

Dobar Dan

Good Day!

Welcome to Croatia my friends! I don’t know how many people know this, but my family has a house in Zadar, Croatia that is currently under construction. I’ve decided to take you on a private tour if you will.

Shall we walk under the pathway?


 
Here's our living room, It has so many windows- perfect view everyday.
 
The kitchen looks small in this angle, but it'll serve our purposes for the summer!
 
We have a tiny basement that is so cold, it's great to stand there in the heat.

Welcome to our kids hangout room!!
 
Back view of the house

Walkway to the beach

Under the balcony in the kids section

Back view of the house

The garage- it has room for a sailboat!!!

Can't beat this view

Or this one- again, from the kids balcony

View from my bedroom window is pretty sweet!
Side Note:
If you’re wondering, we are currently staying at my Grandmother’s house which is also in Zadar. I’ve been doing so many things recently. We just went to see my Grandfather’s grave two weeks ago  which was a lot harder for me than I thought it would be. It was scenic as his grave overlooks mountains (he’s buried in Tomislavgrad, which is not near the sea). We spent four days there and it was the nicest time just being with my cousins and slowly healing together at the place my Grandfather most loved.

I’ve also been getting my chocolate fix every other morning with a filled doughnut (krafne), and trying not to get fat by gorging myself with my Grandmother’s delicious homemade meals, swimming almost every day (getting my tan on!), eating ice cream on the regular (to be expected on vacation), walking around town so much, and enjoying every nights sunset. I’ve also been taking a lot of two hour naps after lunch which really makes me feel like a local. The one issue I’m having is speaking enough Croatian, I understand most of it but I’m terrible at speaking the language. I prefer to have conversations with others who at least understand English so that they can speak to me in Croatian and I can respond in English. I’ve spoken Croatian successfully with my cousins and Grandmother a few times, which has been a good way to practice!

Until next time.

Doviđenja (Goodbye)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I’m anxious right now because I lost this whole section since I forgot to save it and I now have to rewrite it. I just had a huge freak out over it and almost lost my sanity to be honest. I also spilled ice cream (the flavor was kinder, my favorite!) on my white skirt a few nights ago, and I also freaked out over that because I was trying to be super careful about not spilling it. In the end my mom was able to get the stain out, which I am incredibly grateful for.

I'm also anxious because my Wi-Fi situation isn't great so I'm not able to get as many photos as I want out on my blog. It gives me anxiety because I have to be quick with the Internet I have and I don't do well in time crunches, I break down easily. I'll upload more about Croatia when I get home because of that reason.

Now that I'm publishing this my new anxiety is going home, I was ready before but I'm not sure I really want to anymore. I like not having to face reality, Croatia has been my haven and I want to stay here forever.

Am I allowed to say what my favorite pizza is? It’s currently šunka and gljive (ham and mushrooms). I would ordinarily never order this in America since the pizzas are super greasy. But here, imagine church bells ringing and angels singing and you’ll have the taste!

(Also apologize if this isn't grammatically correct or like my normal blog posts, I have to work with what I have!)

No comments:

Post a Comment