Thursday, June 9, 2016

Devon Horse Show

My friend Sarah invited me to a horse show last Thursday and it was such a cool experience!

What I want to focus on in this blog post is to try and explain how a horse jumping show works. This was my first time attending one and it was so cool to go and see!



 
So what I've learned (through Sarah of course) is that the jumpers have to go through a course and follow specific numbers. The horses have to jump through the course and if they knock off a bar while doing so they get four points added to a fault. Points are only added per jump and not per bar. For this particular race they also only had eighty seconds to complete the course and each extra second adds a time fault point. If you fall off of your horse you are disqualified. This happened once and it was so dramatic throughout the arena. Everyone was gasping and then politely clapping for the poor guy.



I'm pretty sure this is the British dude that won the Grand Prix in a different race which is pretty amazing! My jaw dropped when Sarah said that, it was so cool! I'm trying to find the names of these people on the website but I can't find them anywhere unfortunately. If you're curious about the Devon Horse Show click the words.




This is such a cool picture! There ended being a tie between six horses. This happens when a horse finishes a course perfectly within the time limit. They had a battle off and whoever finishes the fastest without any faults wins. One of the things I love about horse jumping is how tense everyone is. I've only ever experienced those excited "ooos" and "aaaahh" moments at typical sporting events such as a baseball, hockey, or soccer games. This just helped me broaden my horizons and see what other sporting events there were and I really enjoyed the experience! The people were much more put together at this event than other sporting events and I really enjoyed the classy atmosphere.



The cutest little baby, I was frantically trying to take pictures of her she was super adorable :)



It's probably weird that I took pictures of some horse jumpers baby but some other people were doing it so I guess that somehow justifies it.


My relationship with Murphy (Sarah's dog) is great!
Everyone seemed to love Murphy and wanted to pet him, who can resist, he's so cute and he has a face that just begs to be petted.

_________________________________________________________________________________
I have been working every single day and generally I'm exhausted when I come home. I have been a nanny for three girls and I drive them around everywhere and I take care of them from 8am - 5:30pm. When I come home I typically just watch Netflix and I just finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, am amazing TV show! I think I'm going to start watching Criminal Minds or How to Get Away with Murder next.

My grandparents are in town already for my High School Graduation, it's taking place next Tuesday and I'm very excited! I have such a great blog post already lined up for it. My cousin/Godmother will also be coming in tomorrow night so I'm excited to pick her up from the airport. I'm currently spending time with my grandparents. We are (sort of) watching the Stanley Cup Final and I'm sitting with them writing this blog post.

I think I may also write a post on "How to Babysit" as I think I've gotten pretty good at taking care of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment