Monday, October 7, 2013

Moving

In the About Me tab I said that I was originally from Chicago. I wanted to talk about moving since that was one of the hardest things to do... EVER! If you are moving anytime soon I hope you don't feel as alone and know that I went through the exact same thing.

When I found out that I was going to be moving I was actually at Costco with my Mom. At first I didn't think it was going to be that bad. I actually thought that it would be cool since I knew other people who were moving to Pennsylvania.

Once it sunk in though it wasn't so great anymore. I had to go through the trouble of telling all of my close friends. That was definitely that hardest part, having to tell my friends and then just start flat out crying with them.

Then I had to pack my bags and move. That's always fun. (The first half of moving is the hardest, but it does get better, I promise!)

The awesome part of this experience was that I was forced to become a bit more extroverted, I got to meet a lot of cool new people that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I also expanded my view of the world. I noticed how the world didn't revolve around my little town in Chicago, that it was so much bigger than that.

Just look at all the amazing people I've met and the experiences I've already had!










That's also around the time I found out that new places can be interesting. Before moving I knew that I wanted to see other places. But after moving, I knew that I wanted to live in other places, experience other cultures and broaden my horizons even more.

Just recently, I decided that I wanted to major in International Business because of it. I think it's so interesting to learn about new places and experience different cultures. I know that my major can change throughout High School, but this is what I want to do now.

So don't think of moving as a bad thing! Yes, it's hard, but when was life ever easy? Think of this as a chance to have new experiences! Moving isn't the end of the world, or the end of anything. In fact, it's a new beginning and a fresh start.


No comments:

Post a Comment