Monday, October 27, 2014

ACT

Hello! It's been about a month since I've last posted. I've been studying for the ACT test and taking a 3 hour class twice a week. I finally took the test this past weekend so I'm now free!

(I'm like dobby, I was given a sock after the ACT)
just kidding I wasn't....

To be real, the ACT stinks and I hated taking it every second.

I took the Princeton Review class and I think it sort of helped me in that I knew what to expect, just be aware that the tests from the Princeton Review are a lot easier than the real thing. I was surprised to say the least.

Also, in the math section, my teacher told me they hadn't seen a problem on circles in 10 years so I naturally thought I shouldn't spend time studying it and of course I saw multiple circle problems on there...

Tips:
  1. Take a class or buy a book to help you prepare for the test!
  2. Have something to look forward to after taking the test. You're gonna hit a point when you don't want to take it anymore- having something to look forward to keeps you going.
  3. Sleep well the night before!
  4. Don't study the night before! Cramming is the worst thing! You need to relax (listen to music, etc. and don't go on electronics at least a half hour before bed either)
  5. Eat Breakfast- (I tried but honestly I'm not a breakfast person, just eat a granola bar during the break)
  6. Bring plenty of #2 pencils (no mechanicals!)
  7. Wear comfy clothes! (I wore leggings with an oversized t-shirt and gym shoes)
  8. Pace yourself on the test!
Don't freak out over the test after you take it, you aren't going to find out your score for another 5 weeks so take the time to think about how blissful it feels to be done with it and fret later. (I totally freaked out after taking it so I shouldn't be talking, but I'm going to be optimistic and say I did fine!)

Depending on how I do on this i'm either taking it again once or twice. Hope this was somewhat helpful for future ACT test takers!

No comments:

Post a Comment