Monday, May 23, 2016

100 to 0

I've had some writer's block recently. I have had no clue what to write about. My life has been super boring recently. A friend told me to write about it, so here it is!









I made some monster sized cookies yesterday- also finally used snapchat to document it! It was pretty great :)


I finished school and IB exams last Monday, needless to say I was expecting to jump into my summer vacation right away. What I didn't take into account was how fatigued I would be from everything that happened. I finished High School. All of the stress that accumulated sort of died when I finished my last exam and so I've spent the past week in solitude just kind of taking time for myself. I've been tying loose ends and relaxing.

It's not like I've been doing nothing, it's just been kind of boring. I bought a laptop for college, took my foreign language and math placement tests, finished some last minute scholarship applications, wrote my final IB reflection essay, am working towards finishing miscellaneous and a seemingly never ending college to do list. (I will probably post portions of that essay at some point, but I want to have some more time to reflect on my experience before I post it online.)

I've just been thinking about how everything is ending. I have two weeks of sailing left and while I'm sad to be leaving the place that taught me everything I know, I'm excited to move on and sail with new people in other places.

I had my senior prom last weekend at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia and I went with a guy I actually met from sailing. I had a ton of fun! My favorite part of the event was the Brain exhibit that we got to see. (I'm a Psychology major so it was heaven!)


After Prom I went to the beach with my friends. We got to the hotel but weren't allowed to check in because none of us are legally 21 years old. We ended up driving another hour to stay last minute at one of my friends family friends houses. It was an interesting night to say the least! I went to bed at 5am after going into their hot-tub in the middle of the night. Then I had to get up at 9am because my dad picked me up early - I had my final two IB exams that Monday in Psychology.

My life has been pretty tame since.

My cousin actually gave me an idea for a blog post that she wants to see on "Ideas to do this summer" so I'll post that sometime this week as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________
I just want to make sure I stay busy this summer. I want to make sure that I make good use of the time that I have off. I want to make sure I have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment