Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I (kind of) Failed

I made quinoa with sunny side up eggs. In theory this should have been a super healthy breakfast that tasted good. It was a super healthy breakfast.. But it did not taste (or even look) amazing.



I used a third of a cup of quinoa, two thirds of a cup of water, and an egg.


First I boiled the quinoa for about three minutes. Then let it simmer with the cover on until little white spirals came out of it and all of the water was pretty much boiled away. Final Version is on top.

(Kind of looks like soup broth..)

Then I made the sunny side up egg. I sprayed some cooking spray before I put the egg on the pan (although I didn't spray enough and the egg was still slightly stuck) and I let it cook for about five minutes and then stuck my creation, which fell apart, on top of the quinoa.


If I redid this recipe I would have made less quinoa. I barely tasted any egg and quinoa is in my opinion, one of the most bland foods I have ever tasted. It's really good for you so I want to try cooking with it again but I need to try and find a way to make it taste better. I think this would be really good with fruit on top or if you made a slight amount of quinoa and put it in an acai bowl that would be interesting.

This recipe was not a total fail, it was just not as appetizing as I would have hoped. It only tasted good when I had egg and a bit of quinoa on my fork.

My recommendation, either make this recipe with three eggs or lower the amount of quinoa to three tablespoons with 6 tablespoons of water. I think this recipe would work a lot better with a light coating of the grain on top of an over easy egg rather than a bowl of it below a single over easy egg.

What fun is there if you don't experiment?

My life will be getting more exciting as the week ends so more fun blog posts coming soon don't worry!

_________________________________________________________________________________
I went shopping today as well. I got a cute dress, shoes, and top. I'm going shopping again Sunday so I'll show you what I got for summer later! Then I have to go shopping for college in June.. So exciting!

I just finished babysitting tonight so I'm pretty tired but I had so much fun playing with my girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment