Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend Re-cap

Memorial Day weekend came and went. It was eventful, fun, and spent with friends. What more could I ask for?

On Friday I got a haircut... I got bangs! I was bored with my hair and I felt like trying something new. I'm done with high school and I needed something different. If I'm completely honest I loved it the first day, hated it the next two because my hair was just so frizzy, and then started loving it again once I figured out how to make the look work.

One word of advice, bangs take a lot of patience. Be prepared to commit to styling your hair everyday and if you're more of a get up and go person I would not recommend this style for you. Since it's summer and I have more time I figured it would be fun. I'm indifferent with the styling time but it does get a bit annoying sometimes. At least I like the way it looks so it's worth it!

I really wanted to announce this change via Instagram because we all know I'm obsessed with it, but I just didn't have a cool photo to post of this so I gave up. Eventually when I'm doing something "cool" I'll post a "cool" photo.

This is a photo of me trying on a shirt from American Eagle in the dressing room. I texted this to my mother. But here is the only photo I have where I looooove the way my bangs look. 
PSA: bra straps and halter tops do not go Andela, geez!

On Saturday, unlike the majority of "Main Line Girls," I did not go to the shore this past weekend. I went to the pool (and still worked on my tan I might add.)

I look like Pippi Longstocking in all of these (as noted by my mother)



On Sunday, as promised, I went shopping with a friend and now I'm going to show you all of the items I have purchased to hopefully give people some summer inspiration. (Although I doubt I'm creative enough for that..)

Charlotte Russe - Off the shoulder tops are really in right now and I'm falling for the trend

Charlotte Russe - I love halter necklines and I look good in this dress.

Can I add that Charlotte Russe is such an amazing store and frankly, I'm upset that I've only just now shopped there in my 17 years of age. (This sentence sounds ridiculous because it is.) But to make my point this store has replaced Forever 21 in my book.

Ralph Lauren - I outgrew my blue polo shirt and I wear it a lot so I bought a new one.

American Eagle - Same halter top that I'm wearing in the first photo. Did I mention that I am obsessed with halter tops recently?

Gap - I'm bringing these shoes with me to Croatia this summer. I'm a preppy girl, these are nautical shoes, 'nuff said.

My current favorite stores are:
Urban Outfitters (not entirely my style but sometimes - also it's expensive which is a turnoff)

Monday was my friend Addie's birthday so we went to Ruby's in Suburban Square and I proudly ordered a kiddie burger and fries with a coffee milkshake that I downed in about two seconds. Not to mention I ate the entire meal. Burgers. Fries. Milkshake. The entire shabang. And it was delicious.


Then we took one of Addie's dogs to the dog park and she played in the stream.


Afterwards my family decided to play tennis at my old middle school. I could not participate because I injured myself from shopping. This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard but alas it is the truth. I was at American Eagle Outfitters swapping a pair of jeans for a different size for my friend when I hit my ankle super hard. I winced in pain but, being the annoying high pain tolerant person I am, I suffered through it and tried not to make it a big deal. (Seriously, who injures themselves from shopping?) I went through the rest of that Sunday into the entirety of Monday in pain until it became very uncomfortable Monday night and my Mom pronounced my ankle as black, blue and swollen.

I still walked around my old middle school because 60 crunches later I didn't know what to do as my family was still playing tennis. I'm terrible at sitting still, I typically want to get up and do stuff. It was weird seeing the changes but oddly I barely remembered the place. I walked around kind of surprised at how much I had forgotten. I did only attend for one year so I guess it's not too much of a surprise.

Overall you could say my Memorial Day Weekend was a success!

_________________________________________________________________________________
I finished Tina Fey's book Bossypants today and it was amazing. Like jaw dropped on the floor amazing. I may write a review (which you can probably already tell will be positive.) I read it outside by the pool and knocked a bucket list item off for the summer. I need to come up with a list of books to read also... Coming soon!

I also really want to bake something tomorrow.. That will also be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment