Tuesday, May 24, 2016

9 Things to do this Summer

I'm a firm believer that experiences are the best things in life because they create memories. Memories and experiences help to shape who we are. So use the time off to have some fun!


This is just a basic summer to do that you should consider putting on your bucket list!

1. Have a picnic

There's nothing more summery than hanging out with your friends outside and eating food together. Ask each person bring something different and make sure you spread blankets on the ground. I love picnics because no matter how many people are there you can still have fun. Don't forget to bring speakers (and bug spray!) so you can play music during the day and into the night.



2. Swim at night

This is definitely something that is on my bucket list. I've wanted to do this in Croatia for as long as I can remember and this summer, I'm going to make it happen. You don't have to do anything crazy, but taking a swim in the middle of the night is adventurous and fun. Just make sure you stay safe!



3. Take pictures

Of everything, all the time. Record your memories. You'll want to :)
Even if it means traveling to your local city or town and pretending to be a tourist. Do it, make some mems.



4. Read in an outdoor location

This can be pretty much anywhere, but it's nice to read with a view. Be it the forest or the sea, crack open your book in the fresh air.



5. Make s'mores

You could even do this after your picnic if you wanted to! I love making s'mores and summer just wouldn't be the same without them. There's just something about making a fire, staying warm, and spending time with people you like.



6. Play badminton, volleyball, soccer, etc.

The point is really to just be active. Friendly competition can't hurt anybody (plus I'm a beast as badminton so you probably wouldn't want to play me anyway ;))



7. Go to a park and play games

I'm talking play marco polo, and the game where the wood-chips are lava and you can't step on them when the person who's "it" yells "freeze." I also want to go on the swings and swing as high as I possibly can and jump off of it. Let's just say the idea of going to college is making me nostalgic.



8. Look at the view

I'm the type of person who is very focused and doesn't really appreciate my surroundings until I have free time and am on vacation. One of my favorite parts about summer (besides the weather) is the sunset. That is a work of art.



9. Have a movie marathon

Whatever it is, make sure you have popcorn!


_________________________________________________________________________________
I've done a lot of college stuff today and I had sailing so I'm really tired. May watch a movie tonight.. That sounds pretty good actually!

All of these photos are from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment