Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sick Days

Firstly, I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend!


I was sick the entire time! Isn't that so much fun!!

Anyways it ruined a lot of my plans to do fun things such as going to the beach with my friends and beginning to study/organize myself for finals. My parents were also out of town for the weekend while I was white as a sheet, coughing like a maniac, sitting in bed all day, and drinking tea.

I thought I'd show you what I did to make myself comfortable. I definitely learned a lot by being sick with no one to take care of me. Totally ready to live on my own now, haha!

The first thing I did was make tea- my favorite teas that I drank this weekend were Rose Hip, Chamomile, and Earl Grey, be sure to add honey and/or lemon as it soothes your sore throat!

The next thing I used was tissues. I just used regular kleenex, they didn't dry out my nose and they were nice and soft.

Then I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green which I have always wanted to read. I actually asked a friend to lend it to me and she very kindly let me, thanks A!! I loved it and read it in 6 hours... The main reason I needed to read it was because I am planning on seeing the movie when it comes out. I also didn't cry one bit while reading it, (I was told I would though) I'm not a super emotional person..

I also just watched YouTube videos, listened to music, and watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians because there was a marathon (don't judge me okay, I was sick.)

I lit up my candle to make myself feel more special. I've been currently loving the Chesapeake Bay candle in Lavender, Chamomile, and Blue Sage. I love when one scent begins to burn into the other one, it smells so calm, refreshing and it's just perfect.

Then I took a super long shower which always works wonders.

I attempted to take a nap which didn't work out but I tried. If you can, do take one, it lets your body just recharge and gives your immune system more energy to fight off whatever it is you may need to fight off.

HYDRATE AND EAT!!! I don't care how much you don't feel like it, do as I say! You will feel so much better after drinking/eating. How can your body fight the germs if your depriving yourself of essential nutrients to do so?

No pictures in this blog post I'm afraid- I still have a super pale face and am looking kinda sick.

I hope you guys have an amazing Tuesday! And for those of you beginning finals- good luck, I still have another 3 weeks of school left..

No comments:

Post a Comment