Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

So my weekend started with a fun night playing with the kids I babysit. They're great kids and I love doing things with them. I decided that I would frost chocolate cupcakes with them. We definitely went overboard with the sprinkles but it was so much fun! (Not as much fun for me to clean up but still, I'm glad I brought them!)

You should have seen their reaction when they found out I brought cupcakes and that we could decorate them together.

Cool babysitter points- check!

Here's the cupcakes they created:

My Cupcakes- I went for simple hearts





We definitely had way too much fun decorating our cupcakes. It was great and the activity got them super excited as well.

Fast forward to saturday night when I made myself a cup of tea just because I was feeling particularly British at the moment. I cup of Earl Grey which satisfied my desire for tea.


And then we get to mother's day! Happy Mother's Day to all Mother's out their, you guys are amazing and no one can ever thank you enough for what you do!

Special Shout-out to my mom, I love you!!! <3

Mother's Day brunch was the first thing to complete on our list of activities and here's the yumminess my family created for my mom.

Waffles with blueberries, strawberries, syrup, some whipped cream, and a sausage
YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!

After that I did some homework.
(Should not be allowed on the weekends by the way if you are a teacher reading this, weekends should be relaxation time, just saying...)

And then I went swimming in my pool which just recently opened. It was a lovely and hot day outside and so it was great to go swimming.

Sitting Poolside while reading my English Book

I'm so lazy sometimes- just look at me in the background- Not a posed photo, I promise!

I actually jumped in, I was way overexcited

Gonna start swimming some laps now..

Swim those laps girlfriend!

I seriously can't hold my breath underwater for more than 10 seconds, I lose every single time I play the "how long can you hold your breath underwater" game.

Home Stretch!

When I finished swimming I began I experiment with different ways of showing my reflection in the water, in other words, my attempt at being an artsy photographer..





Don't ask why I took a picture of the stairs.. I really don't know

Cool view of my house next to the trees

I love this picture. I saw the tree reflect in the pool upside down and I knew this was the perfect picture to grab. I thought about moving to the other side to get the tree straight up but I figured this would be much cooler.

My zen like face- I'm the bridge between the two worlds. (Like the bridge between the two pools, get it? No, okay..) Anyways, my brother's looking at me like a crazy person but you know, that's what he's their for I guess. Just kidding, I love him :)

Anyways, I hope you all had an amazing Mother's Day Weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment