Monday, August 22, 2016

Buttermilk Pancakes & Topping

Have you licked the screen yet? :)

I was in the mood for baking breakfast foods so I decided to make buttermilk pancakes with a caramelized banana topping. The first thing we're going to make is the actual pancake.


You will need:

1 egg
1 cup of all- purpose flour
1 cup of buttermilk
2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Butter

The first thing you will need to do is scramble the egg.

Next, place the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.

Whisk everything together so that it becomes a smooth mixture.

Put the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Put a sliver of butter on the pan and place a ladle in the pancake mixture.

Start putting pancakes on the pan. You can add chocolate chips to the pancakes at this point if you would like to.

After waiting a minute or two, flip the pancake. (Hopefully yours will be more graceful than mine!)


The second batch of flips was definitely better!


Once you finish making all of the pancakes, begin making the banana topping.


You will need:

2 tablespoons of butter
2 bananas
2 spoonfuls of brown sugar

Grab a new pan, set the heat to medium, and melt the butter.

As the butter is melting, cut up both bananas into slices.

Plop them into the pan making sure each side is coated in butter.

Put two spoonfuls of brown sugar into the mixture.

Heat it up for as long as you'd like, stirring the mixture constantly. Once it's at the desired consistency (I like it thicker), take it off the heat. You can also add more butter or brown sugar if you would like a thinner consistency.

Place pancakes on a plate, top with the banana sauce, dust with powdered sugar.


Viola, enjoy!


_________________________________________________________________________________
So I didn't realize that I actually needed to pack my stuff for school. I had thought about it for a while but now that I'm leaving in two days it's hit me like a train that I need to start putting stuff together. That's pretty much all I've been doing today and it's so boring and exhausting! I'll show you what I'm bringing to college tomorrow. :)

Yesterday I finished this amazing book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment