Tuesday, August 23, 2016

13 Random Things You Need for College

Most of my friends have already left for college at this point, but I thought this would still be a fun post to write! I'm next in line as I (nervously) leave for school tomorrow!

click on the pictures to be redirected to the item.

1. Cute bedding is a MUST. This is your new room after all and you'll be living there more than the one at home now. So let's make this more comfortable and homey, starting with cute bedding.


2. Something not every college list suggests would be getting yourself an ethernet cable. These things are great if you are having trouble connecting to the schools Wi-Fi and need to finish up an assignment. Plug one side of the cable into the wall and the other in your laptop/computer. If you don't have an ethernet plug in your laptop/computer, buy a converter.


3. Alarm Clock. But low and behold, this is not just any ordinary alarm clock. No, this one shakes your pillow so hard that it's hard not to get up. I use this because of my hearing impairment, the charging dock is a nice bonus. Unfortunately the original is completely sold out, click on the picture to check out one that's similar.


4. Speakers! I was graciously gifted this by the girls I babysit as a graduation present. I am someone who loves to play music in my room while doing homework. While I'm not sure my roommate will be the same way - it's nice to be able to have that option and crank the music up on the weekends!


5. A big problem at a lot of Universities is theft. A way to combat this issue is by getting yourself a lockable trunk. These are great not only because they can be locked, but they're also just a great storage space to house things that you may not be using everyday.


6. Again with the whole comfort thing. Put this on top of your bed so that it becomes more comfortable. I couldn't find the original but the one linked will do.


7. Another great option. When you fall asleep right away at night, you'll thank me!


8. Something that is entirely overlooked would be a baseball cap. It's a fashion statement and super practical. I was gifted this by the girls I babysit to remember the yacht club I came from. I plan on sailing in college so this is just a nice reminder of where I learned to sail.


9. Tupperware! I like making my own food and while I will be eating at the dining hall pretty much everyday, I will have some food in my room as well. I would highly recommend going to Target and checking out the mugs, silverware, bowls, and plates. They will be useful!


10. I love yoga. I started a yoga club at my school and it's one of the most relaxing things for me. It's also a great way to work out. I'm bringing my yoga mat with me and using it to stay in shape when I don't feel like going to the gym.


11. "To get the tough stains out" (Sorry Mr. Clean!)


12. It's great to have plain cards that you can use for anything. This anchor is perfect and simple.


13. At my new school it rains like you're in England. Good boots are a necessity. I was gifted this from my Godmother/cousin Mara for my graduation. They're perfect and go with my school colors. Buy some socks and then you can wear them when the weather gets cold as well!

_________________________________________________________________________________
I feel so super old. Someone remind me how I'm already leaving for college tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment