Thursday, August 18, 2016

Zadar

Z is for Zadar!

Guess what? This was my view every single day for the time in between traveling and for the last three weeks of my vacation. Jealous? :)

It's probably no surprise to you that Zadar won Europe's Best Destination in 2016. Especially after looking at that amazing sunset above.


One of the things my friends and I did in between our trips around Croatia included going to the famous Orgulje or Organ in Zadar. This is such a cool organ because it uses the waves from the sea to operate. This is the only one in the world of it's kind. My friends, younger brother and I sat in silence as night kept falling upon us and we continued to listen to the beautiful sounds.



When night really fell we all got up, as if in a trance, and began to walk back. The next location we visited was Crkva Sv. Donat or St. Donat Church.



After that we bought ice cream and headed home. This is where the vacation ends with my friends. Thank you so much Sarah and Kyleen for coming with me to Croatia and seeing where I spend most of my summers. It was such a unique experience!

I spent the rest of my summer with my two goofballs, together we call ourselves the triplets!

I'm so unbelievably short next to them that I moved the original scene of the picture from the stairwell banister to me using the first step of the staircase!

The first thing we did was put together our mini catamaran and sail it into the high seas. The water was so unbelievably blue- I wanted to jump right in! I even got to skipper the boat once and it was such a freeing feeling! I was smiling from ear to ear and didn't want to give up my control!

Right now we are in the process of naming our boat. I want the boat to be called morski pas. Quite literally this means sea dog but in reality it means shark. Why Croatians decided to make a comparison between dogs and sharks is beyond me!

There's no other suggestions as of right now so hopefully if I call the boat that name enough times it'll eventually stick!


Mario, the triplet on the right of the photo, loves to sleep and can quite literally sleep anywhere. He decided the boat would be a great place to nap and laid on one of the pontoons in the middle of a really rough patch of waves. So there he is sleeping on a pontoon with the rest of us rolling our eyes unsurprised. All of a sudden he got a big of a spray from one of the waves and woke up with a huge start and almost fell into the sea! He totally deserved it!

Us triplets have a ton of fun together and have since we were babies crawling on top of each other! This was our first time (EVER!) being in Croatia together at the same time so it was great. Our nights together mainly consisted of going out to a club called Ledana and meeting Croatian soccer stars!


We met Marko Pjaca who plays for the club Juventus in Italy and the Croatian national team.

Is he not like SUPER attractive?? I mean look at him he has such a good looking lean body! After this picture I said "hvala" or thanks, gave him a huge smile and looked into those beautiful brown eyes. He then proceeded to give me a very cute and big smile in return. With teeth and eye contact and everything! AHHH!

He's definitely my Croatian soccer player crush. ;)

Dare I say it.. I shall. It was even cuter than the smile I got from the waiter in Dubrovnik!


Along with hanging out with my triplets I also spent some quality time with my Godmother and cousin Mara. It was great to talk to her about her time in college and her tips for me. One of the biggest ones was not waiting to get help. The moment you don't understand something talk to your professor. You may think you can figure it out later but it'll only get more confusing.

Along with life lessons we also had times where we let loose. She took me to a Maja Suput concert. She's a relatively new Croatian singer that I hadn't heard of before. Needless to say I've been listening to her ever since I got back from Croatia!

Mara also took me and my brothers and Grandmother out to lunch at a super fancy place called Bruschetta in Zadar.



The two of us split a squid risotto. I was so skeptical of this because fish is not my favorite food to reach for. In fact, I'll usually grab anything other than fish. Except for maybe green-beans! I tentatively tasted this and then slowly started dipping my fork in again. Maybe fish wasn't so bad, I actually liked it! When I finished my meal I glanced at other guests dishes and saw a couple eating oysters. It looked pretty and now that's the next thing I want to try! Maybe I'll even try clams and muscles. The seafood world seems endless!

But please don't serve me an eyeball.. I'm not quite ready for that yet!


After lunch we walked around and said bye to Mara for a bit. My brothers and I then took my grandmother out to get ice cream sundaes. I got a Hazelnut one with strawberry syrup. Can I just let the two photos do the talking? HEA-VEN-LY!


Hey that's my name spelled correctly and everything!

My mom kicked us out of our house and so we went back to our grandmothers house and chilled as my mom began the tedious process of packing up.

Even though our time in Zadar is gone, we have still have one last adventure left! Watch out Knin, Croatia - we are coming for you!
Oluja
_________________________________________________________________________________
Currently reading: The Night Circus

I feel like everything I do is the "last time" before I move to college. Why must this be so weird??

No comments:

Post a Comment