Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Favorite Books, Movies, and Music

I have a confession to make... I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I love all the books, and of course all the movies. Emma Watson is my idol, just saying.

Now let's get down to business, now that I've gotten Harry Potter out of the way I can talk about other Books, Movies, and Music I enjoy. Let's start with my Top 5 Favorite Books:
* Please note that as I am a High School Student some of these books/movies are not meant for Elementary School Kids or some Middle School Students.

1. Hunger Games Series: Need I say more?


2. Little Women: A great book for pre-teens. It shows the growth of 4 sisters, every girl can connect to a sister.

3. The Catcher in the Rye: This is one those books where you love it or hate it and I happened to think it was amazing. However, I would definitely wait until High School to read this book as the content is a bit mature.

4. Jane Eyre: I read this book over the summer and it truly is a novel that every girl becoming a young adult should read, it really taught me a lot about love but not in the soppy super romantic way.

5. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas: I read this book in 7th grade. At the time I didn't know much about  the Holocaust and World War II. It was such a moving story and I cried so, so much. It's a very important part of World History and everyone should read it.


Now it's time for my Top 5 Favorite Movies:

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Another one of those stories that helped me grow up. What I love about this story is that I really felt like I got to experience what Charlie experienced and it really gave me an idea of the changes people go through in High School and all the questions and trying new things. From a High School Students perspective it was good to know about all the things that are out there in the world. I need to read the book and watch the movie again. 


2. Soul Surfer: Another amazing movie. I loved how Bethany picked herself up again and achieved her dreams when everyone thought her career was done. An inspirational movie that really makes you thankful for what you have.



3. Les Miserables: An incredible movie about the French Revolution. I'm in love with this movie, it's a love story and a war story all packed into one, perfect for me!



4. Avatar: A really cool movie about these people in a different world. I love the different experiences in this movie.



5. Skyfall: Who doesn't love British spies? I think this one was the best 007 one yet, it's one of my favorite action movies!


Now I'm going to tell you my who my favorite Music Artists are. I have so many so this is just going to be a list. Check these peeps out on YouTube and Itunes- I love them!

1. Imagine Dragons
2. Avicii
3. Fun.
4. One Direction
5. Plain White T's
6. Taylor Swift
7. Selena Gomez
8. Grouplove
9. Owl City
10. Train
11. Little Mix
12. Michael Buble
13. Bruno Mars
14. Coldplay
15. OneRepublic
16. Mumford & Sons
17. Marina & the Diamonds
18. The Beatles

PS- Who watched the Celtic vs. Barca Game? It was so intense!! Gotta give props to the Celtics though, they played hard!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Andela! It's Addie! I saw you had a blog from your Twitter so I decided to check it out, I really like it so far! Keep posting, I'm excited to see what you write!
    I have one too, it's http://functionallymessy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete