Monday, October 14, 2013

Summer- Croatia 2013

I realized that I never shared what I did over the summer!

This summer I traveled to Croatia which is in Europe across the Adriatic Sea from Italy. I am Croatian as I may have mentioned just a couple times before... Okay maybe lots of times before but yeah. I went to Croatia and visited lots of family and friends which was great!

I also got to practice speaking my Croatian which has become a bit rough over the years.

My family stayed at my grandparents house for four out of the five weeks we were there. They live in Zadar, right on the coast. It's so beautiful and the best part is, everyday is a beach day!

Going to the beach in Croatia is a lot like the beach in New Jersey. Only, in Zadar the beaches have rocks rather than sand, they don't have lifeguards, and they sell corn on the cob, ice-cream, and doughnuts at the beaches.

People also love to tan, play cards, read books, socialize, and play water games at the beach much as they do on the Jersey Shore.

The most common thing to do is play some games, read, etc. and when you get hot you run into the water (which you can now do since you've gotton so used to walking on the rocks at this point.)

Isn't that sunset just beautiful?!



I miss going for walks at night with my family!


One of my grandmother's gorgeous roses


One of the best pudding cups in the world!


Me with my grandparents


Oh yeah, I also learned how to drive (stick shift/manual!) in the parking lot of a croatian supermarket!


We didn't spend the whole time on the coast though. We also went and visited family in various other parts of Croatia for a week. It was so pretty, the scenery is just gorgeous so the car rides really don't even seem that bad when you listen to music and just stare out the window.



Just look at the view!



The food is ten times better there than it is here, the people are friendlier, it's a much more relaxed vibe, and has an overall really family feel and sense of welcoming which is always really nice, especially when you're so far from home.

Croatia is such a carefree place- I would highly recommend a trip with your family. Zadar has the perfect family atmosphere and there are so many cools things to see and places to go visit. The history is so rich and interesting too. It's a great cultural experience and a chance to visit a small country that many people haven't heard of before.

I never get sick of going to Croatia and I have new adventures every time I go which makes telling people about your vacation so much more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment