Monday, February 15, 2016

Senior Prom Ideas

Hello Everyone! One of my most read posts recently has been my Junior Prom Ideas. Since I am a senior now and prom is in a few months I thought I'd post one for Senior Prom.

Unlike Junior Prom which differed a lot from Chicago, Senior Prom seems to remain relatively similar to the prom I envisioned as a kid.


Here are my outfit ideas:

Dress 1:

Blue is such a classic color for prom. Cutouts are also really in right now so it gives it a bit more of a modern twist. I also love the rhinestones on it as they are not overdone. The person who wears this dress is sure to be a showstopper. Here is where the dress is from.

Satin shoes are gorgeous for prom- they elevate a look completely and make it ten times classier. There's just something so sleek about them. I like how this shoe is blue and it sticks with the theme of the dress with a little sparkle at the top. Here is where the shoes are from.

My one word of advice on shoes is to try to stay away from super strappy shoes or shoes that have a bunch of laces as it takes away from the dress and makes the look less elegant. Also, as much as high heels look super cute, Prom is not the time to wear 5 inch heels, I would stick to 4 inches or less since you should be able to dance and walk around the entire night. Wearing super high heels can end up ruining your night, or keep you sitting at the table.

Dress 2:

This dress is so elegant and is the prom dress I envisioned when I was a little girl. I love the pink color as it's perfect for spring and the flow-y skirt makes it very easy to dance in. The silver sparkly sash and the tie up back give it a little something extra and elevates the otherwise very simple dress. The person who wears this dress is girly and classic. Here is where I found the dress.

With this dress I decided to pair a silver glitter sandal that ties with the sash nicely. Here is where I found them.

Dress 3:

I think white is a gorgeous color for prom. While some people may see it as very bridal, I see it as the new black. I like the pattern on the dress that you can see if you zoom in. The back is also a little revealing and the slit gives just a hint of sexiness. The only issue with this dress is finding a time to re-wear it. Weddings are obviously not an option- you can't outshine the bride! Your best best for a white dress would be to alter it after prom and make it shorter, something I think would still look cute with this one. The girl who wears this dress is modern and classy. Here is where I found the dress.





Since white can go with pretty much any color, why not try a little burst of purple? These Caparros are to die for and also made of satin (surprise, surprise!) I think shoes are a great way to give a bold statement and can make the outfit more colorful. I think these shoes are also easy to re-wear since they're so cute! Here is where I found the shoes.

Dress 4:

This is one of the first dresses I saw when I started my search. I love the beaded top as it's not overdone, and the back is so classy. I think the slit adds a bit of edge and the small keyhole in the front adds a little more sweetness. I think this dress is great for someone who is edgy, sweet, or a bit of both. Here is where I found the dress.

This is one of the few types of dresses that I think can get away with a bit of a lace up shoe. I'd stay away from a full on laced up shoe but I think the tie up in the front actually enhances the look and makes it more unique and slightly edgy but still sweet- just like the dress! Here is where I found the shoes.

Dress 5:

I really like this dress because it reminds me of a pinker Ariel. I love the mermaid style, the lace up back that shows a huge bow, and the lace at the top with the tulle. Definitely a show stopper. The girl who wears this dress is a princess. Here is where I found the dress.

I feel like for this particular dress, lavender sandal heels are a must. I absolutely love the color of these heels, I think it goes very well with the color of the dress and the added sparkle looks fabulous. These are also satin. Here is where I found the shoes.

Dress 6:

When I saw this dress I fell in love. When I merge classy and the Great Gatsby this is what I envision in my mind. The dress is made of satin and the diamond in the front gives it the perfect '80s vibe. This is the perfect classy, modestly sexy, and edgy dress with just enough of a train, a little scoop in the front and back, and a slinky fit. Someone who isn't afraid to wear a red lipstick should wear this dress. Here is where I found the dress.

In order to keep this dress as classy as possible I decided to pair some simple satin shoes with it. Here is where I found the shoes.

I'll show you my prom dress in May :)
None of the photos are mine

_________________________________________________________________________________
I've been so anxious that I've been clenching my teeth at night a few weeks ago and it hurt so bad. I was taking 4 advils a day. As of now it feels a lot better and the dentist told me all should be fine.

I have three IA's left to do. I've been super stressed trying to get them all done. Still don't feel like a second semester senior at all. Next month should be pretty relaxing and then in April I'll get another wave as I start preparing for my exams in May.

I've finally heard back from all of the schools I applied too. I was accepted to 4 schools and deferred from 2 (one of those was my top choice) so I need to wait a little bit longer to see what ends up happening. I did get into my second choice school, putting me in a really great position.

The wait is so hard. I can't wait for March. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment