Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Seventeen

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to meee, Happy Birthday to me!
Fun Fact- I used my first birthday candle and my brother's 7th birthday candle (because it's orange and who doesn't love the color orange??)

Before jumping in the cake, let's share how I woke up. So I woke up and turned on my phone where I was pelted with text messages from everyone I love, it was great and I'm so thankful to have such great family and friends who care about me.
 
Then I went to my kitchen where I was greeted by my family who all said happy birthday to me. My mom made me chocolate chip pancakes (my personal request) and I topped them with strawberries and whipped cream. It was such a great breakfast. I was grinning from ear to ear and was being treated like a Queen, it was a great start to my day.
 
Now onto the cake bit!
 


This was the best cake I have ever ordered from a bakery hands down! I ordered a cake from Bakery House and I chose a chocolate chip one with chocolate frosting in the middle and then vanilla on the outside. I loved how they decorated my cake with a nautical theme, it's gorgeous! If you're in Philly you should totally check them out since it was to die for. The cake was very dense and I couldn't eat more than one peice though so be aware!
 




A photo of me snapchatting my cake to my friends :)

A little blurry.. But my grandparents are adorable!


My grandparents on my dad's side came to visit for a week from Chicago. I spent the first part of my birthday with them and it was really nice!

They're so cute! She still fixes his hair!


My mommy and daddy :)
Sup Grandma?


I was in the middle of my wish! Thanks Grandpa-- awesome photobomb job though I have to admit!


My grandfather is great at making me laugh- especially when I'm trying hard not to!

I'm still laughing and he has the smug look of satisfaction on his face- he totally won!


 
So after spending time with my family and eating lunch (my request was ribs- the best lunch I've ever had) I went out to the melting pot with two of my friends. I took my friends Sarah and Kyleen with me.
 
We decided to go for a s'more fondue which contained milk chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. We weren't quite sure how we were going to like it or if the chocolate was going to be too milky but it was fantastic! The marshmallow definitely helped out a lot by making it a bit less chocolately and the graham crackers added a nice crunch to it. I would totally reccommend this one!
 
We were given an array of dunking food and weapons to dunk them with. We had strawberries, bananas, rice krispy treats, pound cake, blondies, brownies, vanilla marshmallow (didn't like), chocolate marshmallow (yes please!), and pineapple (surprisingly good).
 
We didn't have dinner, we just went for dessert (naughty naughty), but I'm up for doing lunch there now because this stuff was yummy!
 

 
 
 
There is no "graceful" way to eat this thing.
#sorrynotsorry

And so then after eating I had a photoshoot... It got weird really fast...
 
 
To quote Kyleen:
"THIS is the real way to take a photo"
 
 

 
I had a great birthday! It was honestly one of the best I've ever had. I've never felt so lucky to be able to spend it with people I love and I never expected to get as many text messages, snapchats, facebook messages, and Happy Birthday's as I did. I have some of the coolest friends ever. If you guys are reading this- you rock!
 
Holy Moly people- I'M SEVENTEEN!
(By the way, it's by favorite number)
______________________________________________________________________________________
This is another weird thing to be anxious about but I freaking couldn't look at my facebook wall until 9:00pm because it gives me anxiety thinking about whether or not people posted on my birthday. I know it's like, really stupid, but it's true. I didn't look at it until my friends Sarah and Kyleen came over after dessert and told me I was being stupid for not going on facebook and so they helped me and we looked through my wall together. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that said Happy Birthday to me and it made my day ten times better!
 
My birthday will forever be cooler than your birthday because I had an extra second-- that I spent sleeping :/
 
Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment