Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Eggs & War

Every year my family has a tradition of hard-boiling eggs and then coloring them in celebration of Easter.

*fun fact- I actually don't really like eating hard-boiled eggs*

You have to be very careful not to let the eggs move around on the wire racks otherwise they will crack and you will lose the egg cracking game. (to be explained later)


How to make the egg coloring mixture. My family likes using PAAS since they're cheap and easy to use.


That cochlear implant though.


Colorifying our eggs


Deep in some concentration while Fil gets goofy..



The Anxious Egg- starfish style







The fam jam each has a name egg. 
(I was asked to write all of the names since I have the best handwriting hehe)

*Honorary egg for my brother Anton even though he was away at school*
Also tata means dad in Croatian while mama is mom.

All of the eggs I made! The first one is supposed to be Harry Potter themed, then you have the Anxious Egg, my name, and a cross.

I am very proud of my starfish drawing I gotta say.


Egg War time! This is a family event in which we all try to crack each others eggs. The person whose egg does not break wins!





Yea mine cracked..

My dad's egg ended up being the winner- go figure

So that was what I did on Saturday night and Easter morning. I had a jolly old time keeping up with tradition but I definitely missed my older brother.. It's okay, I'll see him soon as school is already almost over for him!


_________________________________________________________________________________
I've been kind of anxious over having hearing loss recently and I've been so much more self conscious of it which I kind of hate. My hearing aid makes noises when it isn't in properly and I haven't been pushing it in far enough into my ear recently so this has been occurring quite often. It generally leaves me very embarrassed even though no one judges me for it or anything, I just hate how it happens because it reminds me that I'm deaf. I also hate feeling sorry for myself when there are so many worse things that could have happened to me when I should just be glad that I can hear. It's not that I'm not grateful, I am, I just need to learn to appreciate it more and not let the little things bother me.

Another fun fact, I was so anxious (surprise surprise) last night that I wasn't able to fall asleep. I took a cue from this blog post and wrote it out in the middle of the night on my desk. As soon as all of my thoughts were written out it was like they evaporated from my mind. It was great! After that I fell asleep like a baby.. Until I had to get up for school this morning..

I'm also embarrassed to talk about my blog in school or with people I'm friendly with but don't know that well which really stinks because I'm very proud of it! I need to get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment