Monday, June 22, 2015

Golden Bowl and Melodies

Guess who got Chinese food?!
 

Hint: Her name starts with And and ends in ela! (a.k.a. it's me!)
 
I met up with some of my friends for lunch at Golden Bowl and it was great catching up about summer and what our plans were for the rest of it. I was also fortunate to meet my friend Dayita's cousin.
 
We started with a salad. I don't remember if I ate it or not..
 




I had an appetizer of miso soup and let's just say I really didn't like it. I thought the broth was good but the chunks just were not up my alley. It was soft and mushy and I don't do well with soft and mushy things, I prefer food with a bit more of a crunch to it. Unless it's meat, meat is always good.


I had my staple chinese dish with consists of sweet and sour chicken (basically just fried chicken) with white rice which was delicious as usual. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 

After finishing our food at the chinese restaurant we walked over to Melodies Cafe to enjoy to hot chocolate. I was so stuffed that I couldn't even think about getting one but some of my friends indulged.
 

Hey Dayita ;)


I love this place! It's so artsy and has really cool paintings on the wall which I love.



Dayita wants the world to see her perfectly painted pinky nail that she did herself.

Sarah drinking that hot chocolate. Look at the size of that! The only complaint my friends gave was that it wasn't hot at all like the name suggested it should be. It was just room temperature. Definitely not okay.

Dayita's cousin got an iced coffee thing which looked delicious!
 
Verdict:
 
Golden Bowl: Don't order the miso soup but do go for the sweet and sour chicken with white rice. The staff were friendly but difficult to understand especially being someone with hearing loss.
 
Melodies: If you expect a drink to be hot don't have your hopes up. I loved the location though, it was arsty and very adorable. Service was okay, the waitress was friendly but it took a long time for my friends drinks to arrive and they just weren't up to standard.
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I think I'm anxious about a lot of things right now. I'm anxious about turning 17, I'm anxious to start packing for Croatia and getting stuff ready for that. I'm anxious to blog in Croatia because it's going to be so cool! It's going to be difficult to blog though since I don't have easy access to internet but I'm planning on finding a cafe to go to in order to blog. I'm also anxious to be a senior and to go back to school. Is it weird that I miss school? I sort of like it. I miss my Psychology class the most. I'm not excited to start having to complete college applications. I feel like school will be so strange next year as all these people start getting accepted into different places, we all have different paths. This is the first time I'm going through an entire school and graduating at it. I left my first school in 4th grade when I moved, my second school in 7th grade when I moved, and then I've been in Philly ever since. To tell you the truth, I'm honestly scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment