Sunday, December 27, 2015

Breckenridge: Day 4

Empire Burger = the best burger
(or was I just really hungry..)




I ordered a cheeseburger with swiss cheese, lettuce, mayo, and mustard. (I don't usually have mayo but I tried it and it was not bad) The burger was slightly greasy but cooked well. I basically wolfed the entire thing down since I was so hungry. We also got a family plate of fries which were not my favorite. They were a bit too crunchy and crispy for my liking. I prefer softer fries.

That being said, I would still recommend Empire Burger if you're looking for a good burger place in Breckenridge. But I'd pass on the fries if I went again.



We walked around town a bit since we had a 40 minute wait (perfectly normal, Christmas time leads to a ton of tourists in the area.) There were so many lights out as usual. It makes me so excited to see so many lights. There are not that many Christmas lights where I live in Philly- we're one of the only houses lit up on my block. Seeing this many lights around in Breckenridge just makes the holiday spirit so much more alive.

I wanted to show off my Blackhawks hat that I got over Thanksgiving in Chicago. Target in Chicago is 10x better because they have all of the sports team apparel of teams I actually support. 

I also wanted to show off my Sorel boots that I received for Christmas last year. They are the warmest boots I have ever worn and I like the look better than that of Uggs (personal preference.) They are super heavy duty and I have yet to slip wearing them (and I have in Uggs.) 

*I couldn't find the exact boots I have anymore so I found a similar pair in the link above*

Hands in the air!!


There's not really much more to say- I skied again today, it was super fun!

The only thing different is that today was so much warmer out so it was tons more fun since I wasn't as cold.

The one annoying thing is that my cochlear implant keeps getting squished in my helmet so now the entire area hurts. I really want to take it off but then I can't hear so... But basically it feels like my implant is trying to pull the magnet out of my skull. It's uncomfortable if you can imagine that feeling.

Present: We have the fire going and Harry Potter on. I've been following the abc family marathon. Anyone who knows me knows that I love Harry Potter- I've read and watched the series too many times to count at this point.

I have a pillow pet named fluffy and there is also a three-headed dog named fluffy in the first book (just saying...) 

_________________________________________________________________________________
This is a very weird thing to be anxious about but after seeing a lot of my college friends come home I have noticed that the freshman 15 (not to mention sophomore, junior, and senior 15) is a very real thing that happens to college students. I have become so worried that I too will gain the freshman 15 and I'm trying to plan ways to combat that issue. But first, I need to pick which University to attend. So far I have been accepted to 3 schools and deferred from 1. I have two left to hear back from in January and then I'll hopefully know where I'm going! I'm anxious for this whole thing in general.

Kinda still anxious about my extended essay and school but I'm doing nothing about it so I don't really care anymore at the same time.

I've been addicted to disney music recently- mostly this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment