Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Honey Cookies

I'm currently in Breckenridge, Colorado! 


We landed in Denver yesterday night and my brothers and I were STARVING so we went through a Wendy's drive through where I ordered a ten piece spicy chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce and fries. I felt like I wanted to vomit after eating all that (probably because I ate at around 1AM Colorado time- I normally never eat after 8:30ish nor do I ever like eating fast food and now I remember why)

My family arrived at the condo around 3AM (5AM Philly time) and I was exhausted to say the least!

I woke up this morning at around 10AM and I am feeling so sick. (I've been to Colorado before and the altitude has never affected me but this time everything is horrible. My muscles hurt, I'm so fatigued, nauseous, dizzy, and when I walk my balance isn't great)

I basically woke up and my parents forced me to eat food (apply and cinnamon muffin) and drink fluids (I've been refusing water, I don't want to drink anything, but I'm starting to get my appetite back slowly, I'm going to eat a banana after posting this!)

I sat on an extremely comfy chair with my pillow pet (his name is Fluffy and he's the dog one!) and I watched a bunch of youtube videos, and have been listening to 8tracks which is the best thing ever invented, go and see what playlists I've been listening to!

*Also, check out my friend K's 8track here, it's amazing, almost 13,000 people have listened to her newest track!*

Now onto to the tasty stuff! I made cookies for the kids I babysit and for my classmates at school. My grandmother actually gave me this recipe and It's amazing!

I did not picture everything you need but here's the official list:

You Will Need:
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
1 cup of honey
1 cup of sugar
5 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla

I made a double batch of cookies because they're so tasty! I didn't make all of them in one go though, I froze part of the dough so when I come back from vacation I'm going to make the rest of them- something to look forward to when I get home I guess.

The recipe is pretty self explanatory-
1. Throw all of the ingredients together in a mixer
2. Roll the dough out
3. Cut out your pretty shapes
4. Add sprinkles if you wish
4. Throw it in the oven at 350 degrees
5. Leave them in until the edges start to get slightly brown. (roughly 10 mins but every oven is different)
6. Let them cool
7. Enjoy!



My mom helped me make them- we had Croatian Christmas music blasting in the background, it was great! This is the mix we chose: Croatian Christmas Songs


Aren't these the cutest!



I'm obsessed with these cookies, they're so easy to make, adorable, and tasty!

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! If you celebrate Hannukah I hope you have a great last night of celebration! Happy Holidays to everyone and spend time with friends and family!

Side note: I can't get the chorus of this song out of my head at the moment and I've been playing it on repeat for the past couple days: Blue October- Into the Ocean

Also, I'm renovating the look of my blog completely over the next couple weeks so look out for that! (I have so many great ideas of how it could look and I'm so excited!)

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so good, Anđela!

    ReplyDelete