Thursday, December 4, 2014

NYC is UNbelievable

Hi guys!

You might be thinking that I messed up the title but I didn't, I took a school trip to NYC to visit the UN last tuesday. (Get the title now?!)

In the spirit of entering the city, we blasted Taylor Swift's song "Welcome to New York" as our bus pulled in, it was a lot of fun! Even people who aren't huge fans of Taylor Swift enjoyed the song.
(I would say I'm a medium fan, I haven't even purchased her new album yet...)



It was so cool to see the room(s) where people actually debated important issues!


WOAH, I'M AT THE FREAKING UN!!


Channeling my inner Emma Watson and giving a "speech" I think I'm persuading some people.. 


My friend is apparently UNclean and needs a bib....

So after the UN my group walked around NYC. We split up, my friend Addie and I went to go get hot chocolate while the rest of the group wanted to go shopping at H&M. (I was freezing because I unwisely left my jacket on the bus...)

After that we went to an acting workshop. You could choose between Shakespeare or Improvisation. I decided to do improv which was a lot of fun! We did some weird things and it was great to get active. One of the activities we did involved making sounds to create a machine..

Then, it was time to see the show. We saw broadway production called On the Town. (Click on the link if you want the synopsis.) I thought it was okay. When they were dancing it was fun but the show was very chick flick-y and it was also stereotypically touristy. I would recommend it if you like chick flick type things but honestly, I think there are better broadway shows to see.



Our ride home was halted by the Ferguson protests, it was really cool to see democracy in action! The fact that I was able to witness it was exciting! I have to admit that I was terrified throughout the entirety of it because I didn't really know what to expect from it.


How was your day today? I've had better.. It's alright, blogging makes everything fine!

*Side note* I wanted to credit Nora, the person who cut my hair. She did an amazing job with it, you can see photos of how it now looks in my last blog post. (I cut it pretty short!) If any of you live in the Chicagoland area be sure to check out Zia's salon, it's top notch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment