Monday, March 30, 2015

Cultural Wedding

I went to a Pakistan Wedding celebration with my friends Iman and Kyleen this past saturday!



We all met up at Iman's to get dressed and do our makeup. I did Kyleen's eyeshadow for her using her Naked palette

I put on NYX Waterproof primer first and waited for that to dry. I then put Sidecar on her lid and Smog in her crease.


Don't we all look really pretty! :)
We all put on more ethnic outfits that were so gorgeous and detailed.


When we walked into the house people were already talking in Urdu and anxiously (haha) waiting for the fun to start.

Hey Kyleen

So this drink is a cross between a liquid and a slushy and tasted like pineapples with other stuff. It was also foamy on the top. I thought it tasted really good and I wish I went for another one!

This was an appetizer that reminded me of the Croatian dish called ćevapi. The only difference was that this dish contained beef instead of pork, was a bit more spicy, and the meat seemed to be spiced on the outside and wrapped around more spice on the inside. This dish was delish and I continuously went back for more- Shhh I had 3 pieces... 

The back of Kyleen's dress, showing off that wild side ;)

Iman's dress was gorgeous, it was so swishy and the detail on it was incredible. My camera did not capture it well enough.


The singer is beginning to take center stage- watch out people, it's gonna get loud in there!


The singer sang traditional songs that I didn't understand but it was really cool and the music was different than anything I had ever heard before.


Iman's cousin Sara looking very pretty in her outfit!


Iman's jewelry

People chatting as people do

The guests of honor arrived! This is the mother of the bride in dazzling gold hugging someone I don't know but I love that colorful scarf she's wearing!

ISN'T THE GOLD OUTFIT ON POINT?!

Singing more traditional songs



We managed to sneak in a selfie- hehe

Iman and her cousin Sara preparing a dance

Kyleen is so dysfunctional, she dropped her fork (unused) into one of the food bowls.

Onto the topic of food- it was all very spicy but very good! There was this rice and chicken thing that was probably my favorite- I put some yogurt on top of it to help combat some of the spiciness. I also tried some goat and potato with flat bread.


DANCING- I danced too and I just copied whatever the mother of the bride was doing. At the end I was congratulated for trying.. At least I tried??

Also someone told me my dress was really pretty and asked to see the designer. I felt so special and acted like "of course, I totally love this designer, he's my go to."

Actually I have no idea who the designer was, I borrowed Iman's dress but I was flattered non-the-less.



Iman with her mommy- aww :)


Time for dessert! This plate is an array of different things, each cake on this plate is different. I tried one of the pink balls and my god were they very sweet.

American cake



Another more traditional dish- the food is very spicy and the dessert is very sweet. I was able to handle the spiciness but not the sweetness which is very weird considering the fact that I love my sweets.


Outfit of the night


Pretty roses

At the end of the night we were so exhausted we just crashed in Sara's basement watching Grey's Anatomy. (and Kyleen also fell asleep)





I had a really fun time and I'm so glad I got to experience another culture. It was great and thanks Iman for inviting me!

_________________________________________________________________________________
No anxieties!

No comments:

Post a Comment