Tuesday, September 8, 2015

dream B16

Hello. I'm a Senior. Yup.

It still hasn't really sunk in yet. My younger brother's a freshman and I'm a senior. What? How? I feel like just yesterday I was in my brother's shoes and taking High School in. When I was a freshman I remember the seniors telling me how fast it was going to go, that I would blink for a second and suddenly be a senior. That's exactly how I feel right now.

I'm pretty excited for this year though I have to say. My classes are extremely interesting and I'm looking forward to the curriculum this year. Here are my classes:

IB Theory of Knowledge
IB Mathematical Studies SL (Part 2)
IB Psychology HL (Part 2)
IB English A: Literature HL (Part 2)
Multimedia Web Design
IB Spanish B: SL (Part 2)
IB History of the Americas HL (Part 2)

I'm also taking senior project and gym. My classes so far have been focused on not stressing me out since I have a bunch of college applications due, IA's, extended essay, and IB exams. It's nice that my teachers recognize that and are trying to make us as successful as possible. I'm looking forward to a great year!

Today's Highlights:
  • I learned in TOK that I would have time to work on College Applications for a day which made me a lot less stressed out.
  • I walked into math today and everybody sat in the same seat we did last year. We all looked at each other and said this was exactly like junior year- nothing major had really changed. It was a dejavu moment.
  • Psychology was great as always.
  • I loved my Web Design class and I'm excited to take that first semester. It'll be huge in helping me code my own blog and make it better. I also think it's a great skill to have in your back pocket.
  • I went into my Spanish class and was told that I wouldn't have any Homework this year except for a few readings and that the class would be very laid back. I couldn't have been happier!
I have a bunch of leadership positions this year as well. I'm President of the Yoga Club, Section Editor for the Paper, Co-Chair of the Soup Kitchen Club, I'm a founding member of the Sailing Club, and admin for my schools club Facebook group. This year will definitely be a lot of responsibility but it's going to be a fun one!
_________________________________________________________________________________
I'm anxious about knowing what University I'm going to attend- I also want to make the most of this year and make sure I do all of my lasts properly. I want to leave a mark of what I did in High School, I want to make it a year to remember. I want to maximize my time with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment