Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sen16r Life

Hello! How's it going?

Turns out senior year isn't as fun as everyone says it is. I just submitted my college applications so that's very exciting. But now I have the long tedious process of waiting to figure out whether or not I'll be accepted to any of these schools.

Anyways, I have't had pretty much any social life recently since I've been busy writing IA's in every subject. Between that and extracurriculars, my blog has been shoved to the side. So, let's have a happy and healthy reunion and talk about some of the things I did get up to the past month! I haven't entirely been living in a cage either!


I helped out at my schools international night and represented Croatia. It was so fun to share facts about my culture and teach people that Croatia does in fact exist, even though it's so small! I made cookies for the event (they all disappeared within 5 minutes- I take it as a compliment) which contained honey and could be comparable to gingerbread cookies except they're a lot softer and with honey instead of ginger! This is a traditional dessert that would typically be reserved for Christmas.

The next thing I've been busy with has been my soup kitchen club, we baked loaves of bread to give the homeless at a local soup kitchen which was one of the most fun things I've ever done! My favorite part was actually going to the soup kitchen and dropping them off. I felt so lucky and fortunate to have as much as I do and I also felt great helping others. We made a pumpkin bread with raisins and they smelled delicious, I wanted to eat them right up!

I played Quidditch (AND COUGHT THE SNITCH!!) at my school's annual tournament. We (Slytherin) lost the first round against Hufflepuff but it was one of the best nights at school this year! I had such a fun time and loved every second of it. Gryffindor beat Ravenclaw and ended up beating Hufflepuff in the finals as well. Oh well, we'll win the House Cup next year!

I've been sailing again (we all know how much I love sailing!) and this season has been an absolute blast. Unfortunately I did have a concussion halfway through the season, so now I have to wear a helmet when I sail. :(
BTW, it was the most pathetic concussion I've ever had. I hit the stay (that wire in front of my head in the photo). I don't remember hitting it but I know I did and I think it affected me so much since it hit the same place I had my last concussion. Regardless, you can bet I'm still sailing!

Last day of sailing practice and I fell off the speed boat into the water while trying to get onto the dock. To use Sarah's words: "She just suddenly dropped in the water like a pencil."
Probably the most embarrassing moment I've had in a really long time..

For my independent service project two of my friends and I are going to be doing a shoe drive. We are going through the organization souls4soles and will be collecting shoes from our community to give to people in need. We've began the initial stages of planning but still have a lot more work to do!

Lastly, everyone needs time to chill with friends. We decided to carve pumpkins and watch movies on Halloween this year and relax knowing that all of our college apps were in. Halloweentown and Twitches were our movies of choice. It was nice to go back to being a kid for a night and forget that we had responsibilities now. I feel like every year the world gets more and more complicated. I'm getting used to it and learning how to un-complicate it.

_________________________________________________________________________________
My biggest anxiety right now is hearing back from schools. Why must this be such a nerve wracking process?!? I think I'm freaking out more now than I was when I was writing applications. I feel like I can't change anything now which is the worst feeling ever! I just have to trust the admissions officers and have faith that they will be able to judge whether or not I fit in with the school or not. 

Side note:
I've been thinking a lot about university and I think I know what I want to be involved in. I definitely want to sail, ski, join a sorority, and participate in research. I also want to continue my blog and do service within the local community. I'm getting excited about college but it's the point leading up to it that really stinks. I can't wait to be more independent and to meet new people!

Wish me luck! Good luck to all seniors out there waiting. Just remember that in the end we will still be going to college somewhere and loving it I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment