Monday, December 2, 2013

My Crazy Adventures (Part 1)

I have been soooooo unbelievably busy recently so this post is going to be split into 2 parts. I'll start with things that happened 2 weekends ago and work my way forward.

So there was another great big party for the Croatians and this time the Canadians from Oakville came and partyed with us which was very exciting. I wasn't taking as many picture at this event as I should have but I did manage to grab a picture with my NYC friends and my new Canadian Friends.


It was very fun and we played the accent game where I found out that Canadians say "eh" quite a bit at the end of their sentences. Apparently I draw out the 'a' sound a lot when a word contains the letter 'a'. It made for a very interesting conversation I can tell you that!

After that nothing exciting really happened until Thanksgiving came around and my family I drove out to Chicago to visit our family and friends. It was really nice to see everybody and it was weird to see my friends because they looked so much older and more mature than the last time I saw them.

So I had Turkey day without eating any Turkey (shame on me right!!) but instead of Turkey I had a schnitzel that contained chicken on the outside that was wrapped around ham and cheese inside. I call them zagrebački šnicle. It is on my list of favorite dishes. It kinda would have looked weird if I took pictures of my food at someone else's house so of course that means you'll just have to look look it up and what all the fuss is about and fall in love!!

That night we went to my other aunt's (I call her teta) house and ate some more (dessert's this time- my all time favorite Thanksgiving dessert is Pumpkin Pie.)

Then we picked out Secret Cousins and all the older kids got to go to the Thanksgiving Mladež or social at the Chicago Croatian Church. There I saw all of my Chicago Croatian friends. (I took a couple more pictures here!)


I really missed these girls!

My older cousin Ivana

The 'triplets' (another story for another day) but they're also my cousins.


I hope you enjoyed this post- it feels good to be writing them again! Tomorrow I'll show you the second half of my trip where I hung out with more of my cousins and took some pretty stupid/crazy pictures with some of my other best friends I left behind in Chicago.



No comments:

Post a Comment