Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Oticon Alta Hearing Aid

I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog, but if you follow me on twitter (@theanxiousme) then you'd know that I got a new hearing aid, that it's practically invisible, and I absolutely love it!!

I figured I should do a review since I've had the hearing aid for about 2 weeks now so I think I'm qualified for an in-depth review on it. The hearing aid I have is the Oticon Alta and it's in the color beige.

I've never done a hearing aid review before so let's see how this works

This is what the hearing aid looks like:


Sleek and high tech right! Sometimes I feel like a spy agent with my little earpiece..
Psst, I'm part of the Secret Service- only don't tell anyone, it's kind of classified information

*You can still use a mold for the hearing aid, especially helpful for little kids since it's much easier to put on by yourself*

Anyways this is what my old hearing aid looked like..

Very blue I know- but to be honest that was the fun part of having a hearing aid, getting to decide what color you wanted it to be.

Now the two of them compared:
You can tell I really needed a new hearing aid(!!!)


Whenever I need to get my hearing reset it's always extremely confusing because I don't know how loud it needs to be or what it should sound like. When I first got this (new) one it wasn't loud enough and I couldn't hear anything, I had to go back and they put in a stronger processor on my hearing aid because I'm just that deaf..
*the processor is the part of the hearing aid that brings sound to my ears

Since then I haven't had any problems with my hearing aid which is great.

Time for the actual review:

Pros:

  • The sound quality of the hearing aid is amazing and I love it, it's a lot easier to understand people.
  • It has settings on it that help you when you are in a noisy environment, the lunch table is a lot easier and I don't have to say "What?" as often.
  • I love the way it looks, it's so small and it's extremely invisible, it's not frumpy looking and no-one can tell I'm wearing a hearing aid, before I had a blue mold in my ear that everybody could see. (not that I cared but still- the new technology is cool)
Cons:
  • Very expensive
  • It takes a while to start, once you turn it on the sound just builds up which is different from my last hearing aid (Oticon Adapto) which just turned on right away.
  • It's difficult to figure out how far in the hearing aid should go in your ear.
  • When I take my hearing aid out everyone can hear it since the only way to turn it off is by taking out the battery.
I definitely would recommend this hearing aid to a friend, it's amazing. The pros totally outnumber the cons. Remember that the most important thing to look for in a hearing aid is sound quality and this totally checks off the boxes.

Rating: A++

To read my entire hearing loss story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment