Monday, March 31, 2014

Review: Divergent Series

If you haven't heard yet Divergent is out in theatres NOW!! Check out the Official Movie Trailer below.


I thought I'd do the series review since I just saw the movie. I am currently obsessing over this series, it's amazing!! 

The plot of the story is about this 16 year old girl Beatrice Prior trying to figure out who she is and what is going on. It's a great story with a lot of action and some love scenes!

The movie stayed really close to the book which is always a good thing and I absolutely loved it. Being a really big fan of the books the movie did not disappoint.

The Main Actors of the movie are Shailene Woodley and Theo James. They did a fantastic job of playing the parts! They both were exactly what I had in mind and they definitely exceeded my expectations! Of course all the other actors were amazing as well. The whole movie was just perfect!

I am currently reading the last book in the series called Allegiant and so far it's been amazing. The whole series really blew me away and it's one of the best books I've read in a long time. (It may be sitting next to the shelf of Harry Potter and Hunger Games books! You know it has to be pretty good now right)

I totally underestimated the amazingness of the series continuously pushing back when I was going to read them but I truly and pleasantly surprised. I'm going to be so sad when I finish reading them. I'm at the point where I want to finish but at the same time I want to just slowly go through it.

Veronica Roth (writer of the series) totally hit the jackpot with this idea and Neil Burger (director of film) executed the story perfectly. Looking forward to the Insurgent and Allegiant Films! (Fingers Crossed)

Rating: A++



No comments:

Post a Comment