Thursday, September 4, 2014

Kellogg's Rice Krispy Treats

A while ago I decided it would be fun to make rice krispy treats. My mom and younger brother we arriving home from 3 weeks in Europe and I wanted to welcome them with something edible and simple since I still had my concussion.

I found the instructions to be very confusing on the Kellogg's website so I will phrase them in a much less confusing way here and also link the orginal at the end if you wish to see it. I did alter the recipe to what I found worked best for me.

Ingredients:

1 package of marshmallows (I used the normal size JET-PUFFED ones)
3 tablespoons of butter
6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal (you could also substitute it with the chocolate krispies version, fruity pebbles, or any kind of cereal really)


Directions:

1. Wash your hands!

2. In a pot, melt the butter on low heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir them in. (It looks very difficult but be slow with it and it will turn out fine!)




3. Stir in your cereal.



4. Use a pan covered in wax paper and, using a spatula, pour the mixture (more like a glob) onto the sheet. I would highly recommend getting your hands wet because for some reason it works better than spreading it out with dry hands. You may need to wash them and wet them a couple of times until the process is done. Put it in the fridge overnight.



5. Cut and serve!


This was for sure one of the more easy recipes I have made and it turned out really well! I would also take note on the size of the pan you use. The larger it is the thinner the rice krispies are, and the smaller it is the thicker the rice krispies are. Mine were a bit thinner than I wanted them to be but they were still tasty none-the-less.

Here is the original Kellogg's Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment