Thursday, May 22, 2014

Canada Festival

While all my friends were participating in my school's annual Day of Service and having a school dance the night after, I went to Canada. Mississauga for the Canada Festival to be exact.

I had so much fun! I didn't hang out with my NYC friends except for friday which was okay. I got to spend my time with my friends that I hadn't seen in a really long time from Chicago.

The first thing we did when we got to Canada was go to the Rainforest Cafe. I hadn't been there in such a long time and it was great getting to see it again. If you've never been there it's just a place where animals "come to life" in front of you. It was cool and a perfect place to go for fun, especially with little kids!




The next stop was the first night of the party where I spent my time with my NYC friends. The band that played was Prljavo Kazaliste and they were AMAZING!!! I had such a great time listening to them play and it was just a great overall experience. I got to touch Mladen Bodalec's hand and it was amazing!!

It was extremely loud in there though so it was quite difficult to hear- plus I'm deaf! I also don't listen to music the same way "normal" people do. When I hear songs I can't pick out the lyrics so I tend not to know them. I listen to songs based on the beat and the instruments playing. If I want to know the lyrics to a song I have to look it up but let's be honest, who has time for that?!? I end up making up my own lyrics to songs and that's fun too! #deafgirlproblems hahaha!!

Photobomb..

The real deal






To be honest I love my outfit that I wore.. (is that wrong to say?!?) I wore a Jessica Simpson top from Lord and Taylor and my Mom's pink blazer (yep, my mom's!!!) with curly waves and orange lipstick which you can't really see in the pictures.

Then came the second night of partying where I spent most of my time with my besties from Chicago. It was great to catch up with them and see how they were!


Another photo bomb..

I had a fun filled weekend and I'm ready for another one! Get ready NJ- I'm coming for you this Memorial Day Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment