Tuesday, February 3, 2015

17 Slices

One of my best friends, Kyleen, just recently turned 17. To celebrate, a bunch of us hopped into cars and went to a pizza place located in Philly.



When you walk into the restaurant you see this huge pizza oven that looks like it could be from Italy!


As well as a gorgeous painting

The evening started with a bunch a laughs, hugging, talking, and of course, appetizers.

There were a variety of meatballs and salad. I went for the real deal, meat meatballs which were tasty! I also had some salad which had some cheese in it that tasted fantastic!

This plate did not stay clean for long!

Fun Fact of the Night: My friend Julian and I were sitting next to each other and our glasses were also next to each other. Throughout the night I had trouble locating my glass but then found it. At one point I caught him drinking out of my glass and so then I was left wondering if we'd been sharing the glass the whole night.. Watch me get mono. Just watch.

We all chatted about school and life in general. Each conversation resulted in someone crying from laughter which is the best type if you ask me!


As the night went on the food kept piling up, and boy did I eat! I had one slice of each type of pizza and there were three to choose from! I loved the cheese and the pepperoni but the spinach one was a bit overpowering.







Just when I thought I couldn't eat another bite... Dessert arrived and I couldn't say no! Again there were three different types of ice cream and everyone shared to get a taste of all the flavors.


There was a fruity one, an olive oil one, and a nutty one. I went for the nutty one and while I don't generally love nutty things this turned out fantastic! It tasted slightly of Nutella but it was more nutty and it had a great texture to it that I'd highly recommend! 
(Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what each one was called)

The olive one was actually not as weird as the name suggests but it was not my cup of tea, I felt the same from the fruity one.

The nutty one truly knocked it out of the park and was a clear winner, I loved it! The little cookie on top had some nuts as well and was crunchy but not super tasty, it was more of a decorative piece to the fantastic ice cream!

I was sitting there ready to pass out in a food coma when one last thing arrived, cake! It was time to sing Happy Birthday to Kyleen!






My piece of cake was really cute, it had flowers on it :)

She ordered this cookie type cake with chocolate frosting from Bakery House and it was super tasty.
 I am going to find an occasion to buy this exact cake and eat the entire thing. By myself..


After a few more laughs and lots more fun, it was time to leave.

But I got this cool snap before I left, I love old cities!


You should look into Stella's Pizzeria if you haven't yet. Not only is the food good, the restaurant itself is super artsy and the area surrounding it is very photogenic. I also love the cobblestone streets too even if they aren't the most comfortable to drive on.

Happy 17th Birthday Kyleen, I hope it was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment