Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day Sailing

We're a sailing family now
 
My dad really wanted to go sailing for Father's Day and we were planning on doing just that. However, it's supposed to rain and we didn't want to risk it. Plus we desperately wanted to go sailing as soon as possible.
 
If you're from the Philadelphia area you may want to check out Marsh Creek. It's a public place where you can rent a boat (we took an American 14.6) for a few hours and just have fun sailing. If sailing isn't your thing try paddle boarding, windsurfing (definitely coming back to try both), or fishing! I love Marsh Creek since it's close by and family friendly. I'll be coming back for sure!
It was a great day to go sailing! The wind was nice and not overpowering and the skies couldn't have been sunnier.
 
Riding the bow.
My older brother and I
Watching the Jib
I'm Croatian, we eat watermelon everywhere.
 
Sailing was a great way to bond with my family since we were on the water together and talking. It's great to know that my family loves sailing as much as I do. I was also given the chance to skipper a bit which consists of driving the boat and telling my family what to do. I had the goofiest grin on my face when we hit the best wind and were forced the hike. It was amazing! It felt great being back out there and I was reminded of how much I loved it. I can't stay away from sailing, it's an issue.
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
I'm anxious to go sailing again. I can't wait for the rush and the wind in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment