Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Day at the Farm

Excuse my hair in this photo please, it's a lot more difficult to take a selfie with a horse than you'd think.

My friend Sarah (who appears a lot on this blog it seems..) rides a horse named Baby J. So she invited me to come down to meet her.
 
Driving to the barn was beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Just look at that view! It was a gorgeous day out.

 
The whole experience was really cool. First Sarah went to Baby J's stall and got her out. She attached her to these strings on the side of the wall so that she wouldn't run away and then got to work.
 
She cleaned her hooves, brushed her, and set her up for riding which includes putting on the harness and the saddle.
 
After a half hour riding lesson and rinsing Baby J in the shower it was time to say goodbye to her and head home.
 

Traditional hands out of the window car selfie.
 
I honestly think this was one of the best days so far. I've heard Sarah talk about the barn and Baby J so many times that finally being able to go and see what it was all about was a really cool experience. Also this was my first time really seeing a horse so I was stunned to see how big they were. They also shed a TON, I had to wash my hands at least 3 times because they got so hairy after petting her.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I'm a little anxious about getting myself ready for Croatia and making sure I get everything done before I go. I'm also anxious about making sure I stay active this summer. I've been swimming everyday for the most part and I have a swim routine but I need to create an actual daily routine. I'm also already stressed about college applications and editing my extended essay in it's entirety. It's all good, I have 3 months to get everything done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment