Thursday, March 26, 2015

Insurgent

Last weekend I went to see Insurgent with a few friends and it was interesting..

Insurgent is the sequel to Divergent, I'm not very good at summarizing movies so here's the synopsis from IMDB.

  • One choice can transform you-or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships. Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
    Written by howardjake17

I have to say I was disappointed. The movie, while still action packed, was way too chick flicky for me. Don't get me wrong, I love chick flicks! But not when I'm expecting an action movie. Tris cried a little too much and there was a lot of lovey dovey stuff between the couple. I would have liked to seen some more feminine strength from Tris as I thought she was helplessly relying on Four a little too much. She was still kick-ass when it came to the fighting scenes, but toning down the emotion would have been nice.

Rating: C+
I would still have seen this movie but not in IMAX 3D like I did. Instead I would have waited until it came out on Red Box or Netflix, don't waste your money on this one. It was decent.

_________________________________________________________________________________
*Random Blog Update*
So since this blog is called The Anxious Me it only makes sense for me to talk about anxiety a bit in my posts. I've decided to include a line like above and then write about my anxiety during the day or during the time that whatever I posted about occurred. If I have/had no anxieties, I'll also state that.

Today was a rough day- I didn't have a panic attack but rather a mental breakdown. I came home exhausted from my day after school and started crying (aw). It wasn't the workload that bothered me, trust me I am more than capable of completing my schoolwork. It was everything else that I had on my mind. For those of you that are entering your junior year beware, everything changes! For those of you that have already lived through it you will know that everything just keeps piling on top of each other and changing in your life. It's weird because you have some actual life stuff to deal with now. 

This year has been a huge change for me because I completely changed the way I dressed (I think it suits my personality much better!), I matured A LOT, school was becoming harder, College stuff began to consume me (don't forget the ACTs/SATs!), I was meeting tons of new people and becoming friends with a lot more people, that being said your social life takes a complete 180 with that, I was given more freedom, my responsibilities grew, and the activities I did majorly shifted from sports to clubs. I think today it just kind of all exploded in my face. I'm fine now, I'm just learning how to tackle things one thing at a time and not become overwhelmed by everything. I also need to focus on things individually, separate my thoughts, and not let others cloud that.

Enough with that emotional stuff- hope your day was better :)

Been listening to this on repeat: Heroes by Alesso

No comments:

Post a Comment