Friday, April 3, 2015

Junior Prom Ideas

When I think of Junior Prom I think of sparkly, frilly, colorful, pretty, short dresses (the long ones are for senior prom ladies) and I've learned that that is not the case for some Junior Proms. While neither way is right or wrong, I've just decided to show you some typical outfits for a Junior Prom in Chicago and then some for Philadelphia.


Chicago:

Prom night is supposed to be all about the sparkles and fun dresses. Maybe this is just a Chicago thing but this is what I always envisioned Junior Prom looking like and I was kind of surprised that that was not the case in Philly. People also dress a lot more formally in Chicago for Junior Prom than they do in Philly. I feel like Philly people tend to save all the formalness for Senior Prom instead which is weird to me.

Outfit #1:


This is not an uncommon dress to wear for prom. Here is where I found the dress.

Here are the shoes I would accessorize them with.
Again sparkly and cute but not overly so.

Outfit #2:



I think the color of this dress is to die for! Here is where I found it.

Can't forget the sparkle! Here is where I found them.

Philadelphia:

I have no idea if these styles are prominent everywhere in Philly, but the dresses just seem more laid back and like you're going to a regular dance. It feels like there isn't any special emphasis on prom. I think it reminds me of going out to a more formal brunch. Nothing like the glam-ed up version of prom in Chicago.

Outfit #1:

Here is where I found this. I do like the color blocked look though!

Here is where I found the shoes.

Outfit #2:


Here is where I found this dress. Red is a very popular prom color.

Here is where I found the shoes.

Comparison:

Now don't get me wrong, I still think the dresses are really pretty for the Philly section, they are just most absolutely not prom dresses. Those dresses are just formal dresses that you wear anywhere in my opinion. And also, I had never heard of someone wearing wedges to prom until a lot of my friends told me that that is what they were planning on doing. I don't have anything against it, it's just that the way I always saw prom was different than the prom culture here.

Many of you may be wondering which way I went for prom now after having seen this post. I think I did a pretty good in between. I am wearing heels though because my mom freaked out when I suggested wedges. And my dress doesn't have any sparkles but I tried to make it as formal and prom-y as possible since you only have one Junior Prom, so dress like you're at one!

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until I post my Junior Prom to see the outfit. it's next weekend though so it's not that long of a wait!


_________________________________________________________________________________
No anxieties! :)

Also, I blogged for my first full 5 day week!
I feel very accomplished behind my laptop right now.
*none of these photos are mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment